This week our president and great friend Felipe Ferreira (@sqlboy) asked to me if I could help him to “Come UP” our VirtualPASSPT site. First because we are facing a lot of trouble with hosts and we needed to migrate to some other. After carefully analyzing some options, Felipe chose Azure and to be honest, was a great choice.
Then, in the meantime that he was doing the migration (full time almost 4 days ) I started a journey to a “Call for Community” to help us. In the end :
- – We increased 50 followers in a couple days.
- – We increased the number of the syndications, with good bloggers, to more 13 syndications. We also created a policy to analyze the blog before syndicate it. We want more people but also with good content.
- – We managed to fill the entire event grid (with new speakers) for 2012, and I already have filled the slots for the first 3 months of the 2013. You can see in here
- – Our posts now are automatically twitted and linked to Facebook
- The old posts are randomly twitted as well.
- – We created new tabs on the site, to “How to syndicate your blog” and “Events “ and engage new speakers.http://vpassbr.azurewebsites.net/participe/ and http://vpassbr.azurewebsites.net/events/
- – We will have soon,some news about the first presencial meeting from VirtuaPASSPT. What I can say now is it will not be a technical event, but for networking among the UG’s and VirtualPASSPT members.
- – We did a partnership with MCDBABRASIL, one of the major site about SQL Server in Brazil, . Now our news and meetings have a fixed link and are mentioned in the article and tips section. Thanks for the great friend Nilton Pinheiro (@nilton_pinheiro)
- – We are now linked at foruns MSDN/TECHNET Brasil with fixed links to our monthly meetings and news. Thanks to the awesome friends Roberto Fonseca(@roberto_mct) and Junior Galvão (@junior_galvao_MVP)
We also increased the page viewers from VirtualPASSPT from 40 per day to 60 per hour.
- And we will have another great news soon.
I just need to thanks this AWESOME SQL Server community we have in here. I am proud to say that I am part of this and mainly, friend of theses guys, people that really make the difference.
Thanks to ALL SQLFOLKS that helped us, indirectly or directly . You guys rock !!!